Why work for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation?
The GBI provides a meaningful and challenging career as a dedicated public servant. As your next employer, we offer a variety of benefits options to support you in achieving a healthy work/life balance.
Here are some of the many benefits offered to eligible employees…
- Up to 3 weeks of vacation leave and 15 days of sick leave a year
- Up to 120 hours of paid parental leave in a 12-month period
- A total of 13 paid holidays per year
- A Defined Benefit Plan (Pension) that provides a guaranteed monthly income after retirement with a minimum of 10 years of service
- A 401(k) savings plan with an initial 5% employer match on an employee contribution of 5%, with a 9% maximum employer match.
- A variety of group health, dental, vision, legal, long-term care insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, and life insurance options
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance to provide income protection against the unexpected
- Flexible Spending Accounts that allow employees to set aside money, pre-tax, for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- An Employee Assistance Program, through ESPYR, providing confidential counseling for employees and their family members with personal problems that interfere with an employee’s job performance or family life
- The Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program that allows employees that meet certain requirements an opportunity to have the remaining balance of their Direct Loans forgiven
- The 529 College Savings Plan that allows employees to save tax-free for higher education expenses