Effective May 1st Fieldprint is the new GAPS vendor!
Please direct applicants to https://fieldprintgeorgia.com/ to register for fingerprinting and background check services. Gemalto/Thales should no longer be contacted. This site is also for new GAP agency enrollment.
Do you want to receive your state and authorized federal criminal history record checks for employment or licensing within 2 BUSINESS DAYS?
Is your current practice of printing applicants, mailing fingerprint cards and waiting days for results to be mailed too CUMBERSOME?
If so, register with the Georgia Applicant Processing Service (GAPS) and have results returned to a secure web server the same day or next day!
GAPS provides agencies submitting fingerprint cards the option to have applicant background checks processed electronically in a non-criminal justice environment. This process provides timely search results and decreases rejections due to poor fingerprint quality of inked fingerprint cards.
Fixed GAPS offices will be located throughout the state so that Georgia residents will not travel more than 25 – 30 miles to be fingerprinted.
Search results and criminal history records or “rapsheets” will be available for the agency to retrieve directly from the GAPS website within 24-48 hours after the applicant is fingerprinted and the transaction submitted to GCIC.
Primary ID for fingerprinting at a Georgia Field Print collection site:
State-issued non-driver identity
US Passport/Passport Card
Military Identification Card
DOD Common Access Card
Work Visa w/ photo
Global Entry Card
Native American Tribal ID Card
Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
I-766 Employment Authorization Card
Foreign Driver’s License
State-issued driver’s license
International applicants will not be able to use the Field print Scheduling Website. Instead, will use the following International Applicants process explained below:
If you are an international applicant,
1. The Georgia agency will provide you with the Originating Agency Identifier (ORI) and Reason for Fingerprinting (RFP) and then direct you to call Field print at 844-886-0165.
2. A Field print representative will send you an email with the Georgia Privacy Statements waiver.
3. Once you return the waiver, the Field print representative will create order in Hank (Field print’s fingerprint processing system).
4. While you are on the phone, Field print will create an order based on the ORI/RFP provided and capture your Personal and Demographic information.
5. You will provide Field print with payment.
6. Field print will mail you a Print card packet. The packet will contain two barcoded fingerprint cards, instructions, and a return envelope. This packet will be mailed to the address you provide.
7. You will need to be fingerprinted on the cards and mail them back to Field print.
8. Field print will then scan the print cards into system and electronically submits them to GBI-AFIS.
Visit the GAPS website for complete details on the background check process, print site locations, and to register your agency. You may also contact GCIC at (404) 244-2639, option 2 or via email at [email protected] for additional information or assistance.