The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) complies with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Amendments Act of 2008 and other applicable laws, rules, and regulations that prohibits discrimination of employment based on a disability/impairment.
The ADA requires an employer to provide reasonable accommodations to eligible individuals with a disability/impairment who are employees or an applicant employment. Individuals with an disability/impairment must be qualified for the job and have the skills and qualifications to carry out the essential functions of the job, with or without an accommodation.
Requesting an accommodation:
- The request should be submitted to the Office of Human Resources (see contact information below).
- The request may be submitted by employees and internal/external customers doing business with the GBI.
- The Director of Human Resources or designee will review the request and a decision will be made within five (5) business days.
Filing a complaint:
- An ADA complaint may be filed by contacting the Office of Human Resources or the Office of Professional Standard (OPS) (see contact information below).
- The complainant must include contact information with their complaint.
- The Director of Human Resources or designee will review the complaint and the individual will be notified within ten (10) business days.
The GBI prohibits retaliation against anyone who exercises their rights under the ADA.
The GBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other related statuses, protected by applicable state and federal statutes.
Georgia Bureau of Investigation
ATTN: Human Resources ADA Coordinator
3121 Panthersville Road
Decatur, GA 30034
Email: [email protected]