GBI Supervised Multi-jurisdictional Drug Task Forces
Task Force Agent Position
Georgia Bureau of Investigation Assistant Special Agents in Charge (ASAC) supervise 12 Multi-jurisdictional Drug Task Forces around the state. A number of these Multi-jurisdictional Drug Task Forces employ Task Force Agents. Some of the duties required of Task Force Agents include, but are not limited to:
- Investigative activities that constitute Violation of the Georgia Controlled Substance Act and apprehend violators through investigative techniques such as surveillance, overt and covert operations, and execution of search warrants.
- Gather and document criminal intelligence through the use of confidential informants, concerned citizens, and anonymous tips.
- Write affidavits for arrest, search and investigative warrants and execute said warrants in accordance with applicable laws.
- Prepare detailed investigative reports.
- Receive and maintain evidence in accordance with law.
- Photograph and complete arrest records on arrestee.
- Testify in court.
- Document, maintain, and prepare administrative records and reports relevant to the activities of the drug task force.
To inquire about Task Force Agent employment opportunities in your area or other parts of the state, please contact the following:
Altamaha Drug Task Force
P.O. Box 472
Baxley, GA 31513
Counties Served: Appling, Coffee, Jeff Davis, Pierce, Wayne
Appalachian Drug Task Force
P.O. Box 199
Counties: Lumpkin, Towns, Union, White
East Central Drug Task Force
P.O. Box 1110
Swainsboro, GA 30401
Counties: Emanuel, Toombs, Treutlen
Ocmulgee Drug Task Force
P.O. Box 1850
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Counties: Baldwin, Greene, Morgan, Washington, Wilkinson
Oconee Drug Task Force
327 Pearl Bates Avenue
Eastman, GA 31023
Counties: Bleckley, Dodge, Montgomery, Pulaski, Telfair, Wheeler
Pataula Judicial Circuit Drug Task Force
P.O. Box 506
Colquitt, GA 39837
Counties: Calhoun, Clay, Early, Miller, Quitman, Randolph, Seminole, Terrell, Webster
P.O. Box 419
Carnesville, GA 30521
Counties: Elbert, Franklin, Hart, Madison, Stephens
South Georgia Drug Task Force
P.O. Box 158
Lakeland, GA 31635
Counties: Berrien, Clinch, Cook, Echols, Lanier
Tri-Circuit Drug Task Force
P.O. Box 305
Claxton, GA 30417
Counties: Bulloch, Bryan, Candler, Evans, Tattnall